This Policy sets out how we, Platform 6 Development Co-operative Ltd., collect and process data, and your rights regarding how your personal information is used.
This policy is compliant with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR). All questions regarding this Policy should be sent to us at email@example.com.
This Policy covers our website and any communications or services that we offer. We will post any changes and updates to this Policy on this page so please visit this page regularly to make sure you are aware of any updates. We will communicate significant changes in this Policy to members and other contacts on our database by contacting you through the format to which you have agreed.
This policy was last updated in September 2018.
We will always make clear to you at the time when we collect any personal data the legal basis on which we will process that data. We will process your data on the basis of:
- Your explicit consent e.g. if you sign up to our mailing list at an event or on-line; or
- A contractual relationship e.g. when you buy tickets for an event, where you are employed by, contracted with or volunteer for us, or where you are a member of the co-operative; or
- Legitimate interest e.g. responding to enquiries, IT security, fraud prevention, maintaining “do not contact” lists; or
- A legal obligation e.g. if we are required to disclose the information to regulatory or government bodies eg HMRC, or when required to do so by the courts.
We only collect the data that we need including data that will help us improve and administer our services. We may collect the following kinds of information:
- Information such as IP addresses (the location of the computer on the internet), website pages accessed and files downloaded. This helps us to understand how people use our website so that we can improve it. Where you submit a form on our website the public IP address of the device you use will be recorded alongside the data collected through the form, otherwise we will not link this kind of data to you individually.
- Where we send bulk email, e.g. a newsletter, we will track open rates, clickthroughs and bounces. This helps us to monitor the effectiveness of our mailings and the health of our mailing lists.
- Personal information such as your name, the organisation/s you represent, email and postal addresses, phone numbers, job title. You don’t have to disclose this information to browse our site, however you may not be able to access some of our services unless you disclose some or all of this information.
Use of Data
We use your data only to provide the service that you have requested and communicate with you in the way that you have agreed to e.g. we will specifically ask you to consent to us contacting you by a particular method e.g. email, phone.
We may use third party processors through which we send out our newsletter, sell tickets and process and analyse the data we collect.
We will only share data where we are required to do so by law or with our third party processors. Personal data will not be transferred outside of the European Economic Area unless the country or territory that it is transferred to is considered to have adequate protection for the rights and freedoms of data subjects in relation to the processing of data as detailed in the guidance from the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-data-protection/principle-....
We will never sell or swap your information with other organisations to use for their marketing.
Third party processors
We currently use the following third party processors to help us collect, process and analyse data. Please refer to the Privacy Policies of these third party processors.
- Paypal (https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-full)
- GoCardless (https://gocardless.com/legal/privacy)
Where do we store your data?
We have measures in place to prevent the loss, destruction, misuse, alteration, unauthorised disclosure of or access to your personal information. Information we collect can only be accessed by authorised personnel who agree to abide by this policy. Our website, database and mailing lists are maintained on servers owned and operated by Webarchitects Limited (https://www.webarchitects.coop/policies) in the UK.
You can unsubscribe or manage your communication preferences at any time by clicking on the link at the bottom of any bulk mailing from us.
Unfortunately, the transmission of data across the internet is not completely secure and whilst we do our best to protect your information, we cannot guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of data will not occur whilst data is being transferred.
How long will we keep your data?
We will keep your information only for as long as we need it to provide you with the services and information you have requested from us. This means e.g. for newsletters we will periodically review the consent that you have given us and if necessary ask for re-consent, and for delegates to events we will only hold personal data beyond the event in order to enable us to analyse delegate engagement and to help us improve future events.
If you would like any further information about how we use and store your information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Where we rely on your consent to process your personal data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. You can always view, update or request for your information to be deleted from our database either by clicking on the unsubscribe/update preferences link that is included in all our bulk mailings or by contacting us at email@example.com.
In addition you have the right to
- Rectification: if you believe our records of your personal information are inaccurate, you have the right to ask for those records to be updated.
- Restrict processing: you have the right to ask for processing of your personal data to be restricted if there is disagreement about its accuracy or legitimate usage.
- Data portability: you may ask us to provide your information to you – or another service provider – in a machine-readable format
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to exercise any of these rights.
If you have any concerns or complaints about how we process your data you should contact us by email at email@example.com or by writing to us at 1 Northfield, Hebden Bridge, HX7 7NW, United Kingdom.
Our board of directors takes data protection very seriously, and we will always aim to respond to any issue raised promptly and comprehensively. If you believe that your concern has not been dealt with satisfactorily you should contact the Information Commissioner’s Office.
What kind of cookies do we use?
Links to third party websites
Social media sites